What if I was told I was cancer free?
If someone told me right now that I was cancer free I would celebrate and be the happiest person in the world. I would set my dreams into motion and live my new life with immense gratitude!
I would thank my cancer for the lessons I have learned. Powerful lessons! And so many of them! My life has changed completely since being diagnosed and if I was cancer free I would carry on my healthy living, being me and going for long walks along the beach. Nothing would change except my inner peace and gratitude for a new lease of life.
I have learnt that being true to yourself and loving and respecting yourself is the most important thing you can do!
The lessons I have lived so far:
1. Rest and honour every part of me, loving my cells and sending them love and peace daily makes me feel good.
2. There is an energy full of unconditional love, connecting to this energy is immense!
3. Everything is a reflection, let go of fear and worry. Our thoughts manifest!
4. Positive affirmations work! Decluttering the mind is a long process but worth it because it changes your life dramatically.
5. Forgiving and releasing all my past and bringing joy into my world. Every time I think of a “poor me” moment or regrets from the past I say “I forgive and release all my past, I now fill my world with joy”
6. Trust my higher self and the universal language of love. Something bigger is at work, it works through us all!
7. Be true to who I am. We are all unique and Ive found who I am and Im honouring me from this moment on. No more trying to fit in!
8. Food is medicine.
I have learnt such powerful lessons, I will never loose myself again!
15 Superfoods to prevent breast cancer When I was first diagnosed in December 2015 I immediately stopped eating sugar (Otto Warburg in the 1920s discovered that sugar feeds cancer, he won a Nobel p…
Source: 15 superfoods to prevent breast cancer
15 Superfoods to prevent breast cancer
When I was first diagnosed in December 2015 I immediately stopped eating sugar (Otto Warburg in the 1920s discovered that sugar feeds cancer, he won a Nobel prize for this finding) and meat (Otto Warburg also discovered a high acidic diet promotes cancer, so red meat and fizzy drinks puts our body into high risk) I ate organic fruit and vegetables and minimal dairy products (definitely avoided cows milk). I also cut out bread as this is high in sugar. I then read conflicting articles about food and cancer, so I also tried the ketogenic diet which was advised by a practitioner. This is probably the worst thing I could have done. My cancer is oestrogen positive and HER2 positive which means it’s a fast growing protein and a high meat diet feeds it! So diets have to be adapted to your own personal type of cancer. When you combine a good diet with meditation and a cancer treatment of your choice these three things could potentially lead to successful healing.
I have marked the foods that have undergone human clinical trials with a * because human trials are a more powerful and solid study to show the effects of the food. I’ve marked **for amazing clinical trials that have effected women with breast cancer in a positive way and *** for an absolute must for killing breast cancer cells.
Note: Experiments in vitro means they have been tested in test tubes and petri dishes. In vivo means animal testing.
- **Pineapples and bromelain – I try and eat two pineapples a day but when I don’t have any I take bromelain as a supplement. Bromelain is an enzyme that digests proteins and exhibits selective cytotoxicity, which means it, has the ability to shrink or kill a cancer cell whilst leaving other cells intact. “Bromelain has been reported to promote cell apoptosis especially in breast cancer cells” this is from the public medical journal which influenced me to eat as much bromelain as possible! Another experiment took place at Washington University they undertook human clinical trials for breast cancer. 3,000mg of bromelain a day for 10 days enhanced monocyte cytotoxicity against breast cancer cell lines (which means the immune system started to recognise the cancer as toxic in just 10 days and a small reduction in cancer cells was detectable) Bromelain has also been used in preventing post surgical adhesions and also used for lymphodema with other plant enzymes in a formula called phlogenzym.
- *Red grapes and grape seed – Red grapes are an excellent source of resveratrol which is a phytoalexin (plant antibiotic); the compound enables plants to attack disease and helps it stay alive under environmental stress. Lots of research is taking place in the medical industry for resvertrol and its amazing health benefits for cancer and heart problems, positive results are coming out in vivo and vitro experiments. I had a hard time finding red organic grapes with seeds and no local supermarkets sold them, it’s really hard to get organic food from a supermarket, you usually have a few salad items and bananas! Resveratrol is a must for oestrogen positive breast cancer and her2 positive. One clinical trial gave patients 8 doses of reservatrol daily for one month and it showed all patients had a reduction in tumour growth by 3-7%. Blueberries are also rich in resveratrol and a vitro experiment showed that it’s excellent for people with triple negative breast cancer BUT you must eat loads to have an effect! It’s advisable to take a supplement too to really enhance the amazing cancer fighting effects that red grapes have! Laetrile found in apricot seed kernels are also found in grape seed this is known as B17 and there are clinics around the world that inject pure laetrile into the breast and its shown positive results and cured women with breast cancer upon regular visits, but I don’t know the statistics of the success rate. In the 1920s there was a protocol for cancer called the Johanna Brandt Grape diet which consisted of eating just grapes and nothing else for one week, this helped Johanna slowly go into remission.
- **Lemons – D limonene is the active chemical here. In a study conducted at the University of Arizona Centre 43 women were given 2 grams of limonene daily for 4 weeks. Results showed they all had a reduction in tumour markers and the limonene had accumulated in the breast area. Specifically limonene had reduced breast tumours Cyclin D1 therefore more effective in oestrogen positive breast cancer. There is about 100mg of limonene in one lemon with its peel. So around 20 lemons would have to be eaten daily for a significant effect. So supplements and using lemon essential oil mixed with apricot kernel oil on the breasts would also stimulate the limonene effects. Use a small amount of lemon because the essential oil creates a red and itchy skin reaction, so a very small amount must be used. I would personally use one drop to every 10 ml and then just use 5 drops of the blend on the middle of the chest. Robert Tisserand (the master of aromatherapy) also quotes how lemon and orange essential oils are more effective than frankincense in cancer treatment.
- Blueberries – A recent study (May 2016) has showed that when blueberries were fed to animals they had a 50% lower chance in contracting breast cancer. Another experiment was undertaken in vivo, 50% of mice that were fed with blueberries produced less and significantly smaller tumours to the mice that hadn’t. Blueberries are probably one of the most powerful antioxidant foods out there. Blue and purple fruits are very high in antioxidants and red fruit and vegetables are usually very high in vitamin C (red chilli peppers being the highest).
- ***Iodine – This is a fascinating subject, in the national library of medicine I was reading about recent studies on the connection between the thyroid gland and breast cancer. They have found a solid connection that the most common age is mid-forties with similar post menopausal peak incidents due to low iodine levels; these women also had breast cancer. In Japan women eat lots of iodine and breast cancer is at the lowest number in the world. David Browstein MD reports of three cases of spontaneous remission of breast cancer after women taking Iodine supplementation. In Japan Dr Funahashi tested the chemotherapy drug against wakame seaweed. He fed half the rats with wakame seaweed before injecting the cancer. No cancer developed in the seaweed rats, it was 100% successful at preventing cancer! Amazing! Those treated with chemotherapy drugs before injecting the cancer showed very large tumour growths in all mice. So Seaweed has a powerful potential to prevent cancer. Experiments have also shown that Iodine can block oestrogen receptors in breast cancer cells.
- *Tomatoes – Tomatoes are a good source of melatonin and lycopene. Melatonin protects against breast cancer in several ways, one main attribute is reducing oestrogen function. Cherry tomatoes are the best to eat because they are highest in lycopene. Unfortunately Sun dried tomatoes contain high levels of copper which could contribute to metastasis of breast cancer so they are best avoided. In 1999 a clinical trial took place for prostate cancer, they analysed 32 men and gave them 30mg of lycopene a day from tomatoes over 3 weeks. PSA levels decreased by 10-25% in 70% of the men. Small amounts of lycopene can be found in pink grapefruit and water melon.
- Garlic – Garlic is made up of many antibacterial, anti viral and antiseptic compounds. One of those compounds is called diallyl disulphide. Diallyl Disuphide synergises the effect of eicosapentaenoic acid (a breast cancer suppressor) and antagonises the effect of linoleic acid (omega 6 which is a breast cancer enhancer) An experiment was conducted on mice with breast cancer, they injected 1mg of diallyl disuphide three times a week for 30 days which resulted in an average 43% reduction in tumour weight. Imagine the effects if they had continued this for 3 or 4 months! This experiment also showed that linoleic acid to be a potent cancer cell stimulator. These experiments are in the national library of medicine. Garlic has also been shown to be highly effective in reducing colon cancer and enhancing the immune system. Garlic is best eaten raw because cooking any foods can destroy enzymes and healing compounds within them.
- Turmeric – Curcumin has chemo preventative and anti tumoral activities. Studies of this amazing herb have been in abundance over the years. This study is specifically to breast cancer: Curcumin possesses anti inflammatory, antioxidant and antitumoral effects. It stops the signalling pathways to cancer and enhances maspin which is a serine protease inhibiter and stops tumour growth. Curcumin decreases her2 protein. These are results of studies in vivo and vitro.
- ***Watercress – According to a study conducted at the University of Southampton and published in the British Journal of nutrition, the plant compound known as phenyl ethyl isothiocyanate may suppress cancer cell development. It works by turning off signal receptors that enhance cell growth. In one study they had 24 breast cancer patients eat a bowl of watercress and then tested their blood over the next 24 hours. The researchers found high levels of the plant compound in the blood and the signalling function was immediately affected. Other research has taken place in different parts of the world showing that watercress can lower incidences of colon, breast and prostate cancers. So watercress will turn off signals from the tumour and starve the cells. Experiments in vivo and vitro showed that phenylethyl isothiocyanate caused cell death in HER2 positive breast cancer cells. A small clinical trial on smokers found that consuming 6oz a day of watercress decreased the activation of the procarcinogen that is found in tobacco. Eating a bowl of watercress a day will have a powerful reaction on your body to prevent and starve cancer cells in your body.
- Spirulina – Spirulina combined with selenium, quertcicn, indol 3 carbinol and grape seed has been used in a scientific experiment in vitro, its known as the Spirulina cocktail and it was shown to be 100% effective in fighting cancer cells and inhibiting cancer cell growth. BUT this was in vitro which means it took place in a petri dish and not on a living animal or person. Spirulina is full of phycocyanin compounds which have been nicknamed by scientists “Executioner proteins” An experiment in vivo showed that supplements of spirulina stopped cancer cell growth by 83%. A similar experiment on liver cancer showed spirulina reduced the chances of contracting the cancer by 80%.
- Quercetin – Quercetin is found in elderberries, onions, cranberries, blueberries, red grapes, tomatoes, apples, pears, green and black tea and cherries. Quercetin inhibits cancer cell growth in breast cancer. In lung cancer a study showed a combination of a high diet in apples and onions showed a 50% reduction in lung cancer it also inhibits leukemic T cells progressing. In another vitro study it showed cell apoptosis in HER2 breast cancer cells. A study on mice showed high dose quercetin reduced tumour size by 70%
- *Indole 3 carbinol – In 2005 a pharmaceutical company called Hoechstn was trying to patent a product that had a high indole 3 carbinol content they claimed that it could be the future to treat all manners of illnesses including arthritis, MS and cancer and potentially in time replace the chemo drug tamoxifen. In the Cancer Watch magazine in America, research was uncovered that showed that women who supplemented indole 3 carbinol needed less of the drug tamoxifen and side effects were lessoned. Foods high in this compound are broccoli, cabbage, kale and Brussel sprouts. The first recorded use of cabbage and cancer was in 200BC where Cato the Elder stated “if a cancerous ulcer appears on the breast, apply a crushed cabbage leaf to make it well” There have been hundreds of studies on this amazing compound since 1990. Another study of women with cervical cancer in its early stages showed that 50% of those who were given 300mg of indole 3 carbinol actually reversed early stage cancer.
- ***Cayenne pepper and chilli peppers – These peppers contain capsaicin, lycopene and quercetin. Capsaicin has been shown to inhibit growth and induce apoptosis in breast cancer cells, including her2 and EGFR. Several population studies have shown an association between hot pepper consumption and lower incidence of breast cancer. Capsaicin cleanses the blood and contains high amounts of vitamin C and E. See Green tea for more information.
- Ginger – Fresh ginger contains gingerol which when dried forms zingerone. At the University of Michigan scientists combined a solution of ginger powder and water to ovarian cancer cells. In every one of the tests, the cancer cells died from being in contact with the ginger. The cancer cells either committed suicide or attacked themselves. Several articles on the internet announced ginger to be 10,000 more effective than chemotherapy! This is true but the experiments were in vitro.
- ***Green tea – Green tea contains EGCG also known as Epigallocatechin gallate. EGCG is responsible for the reduction of inflammation and oestrogen over activity in breast tissue as well as the dying off of cancer cells. When EGCG is combined with capsaicin as mentioned above (chilli peppers and cayenne pepper) it has extremely high anti carcinogenic effects. This combination can be found in a supplement called Capsol T. 110 subjects were tested and given 350mg of Capsol T every 4 hours for 6 months 94% were cancer free at the end of it! This was for extremely early stage cancer; it showed that this combination completely destroys the ENOX2 protein that promotes tumour growth. The American Journal of clinical nutrition state that experiments with Green Tea have actually found a combination of Capsaicin with it has a more powerful effect on cell apoptosis in cancer cells; most experiments show it’s 100 times more effective! Another experiment showed patients treated people with cancer at not such an early stage over a 6 month period and found 36% of patients healed completely 32% improved by 40% or more. So in conclusion this therapy is found to be 68% effective. That’s more successful than chemotherapy! I drink green tea constantly throughout the day and add a bit of cayenne pepper to it each time (just a small sprinkle) Capsol T is expensive so a cheaper way is to drink lots of green tea with cayenne pepper.
I hope this had helped in guiding you towards a diet that will help promote your healing so you can go forward with your cancer treatment with more confidence and positivity.